My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LSU football: Elliott Porter enrolled, plans to walk on in spring


Baton Rouge - Former Shaw lineman Elliott Porter confirmed he is enrolled for the spring semester at LSU and plans to join the football team as a walk-on during spring practice.

"I'm great (with being here)," Porter said Wednesday. "I love it. This is my home. I don't hold any grudges. I want to get on with my career."

Porter (6-feet-4 and 285 pounds) wasn't so happy with LSU last August when he was informed that despite signing a national letter of intent in February of 2010, the Tigers program did not have a scholarship for him immediately.

 LSU Coach Les Miles asked Porter to take a grayshirt - wait until January before enrolling on scholarship - but Porter declined. He asked for and received a release and signed with Kentucky.

After redshirting with the Wildcats in the 2010 season, Porter decided to come home. He played defensive line in high school but will be an offensive lineman at LSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment