My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another Update....

Sunday [October 17, 2010]


I left work and once again had to detour to avoid the Fair traffic.  When I turned the corner onto my street, I found my housemate's daughter was at the house - having returned from her dive trip in Florida.  She was going to spend the night with us and head home Monday morning - or more precisely, head to work.  It's about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from here.  She was working on cleaning her dive gear when I pulled in the driveway.  I had hit the garage clicker to send the door up as I turned the corner.  


I pulled on into the garage and parked my car, then went and unlocked the kitchen door and then went and retrieved my gear from my car and brought it in the house.  I went to see if she needed any help.  No - she finished what she was doing, then moved her van out of the driveway [she was parked on her mother's side] over onto the side of the street.  Then she brought her gear inside.  We were at the table - I was eating, she was checking out the newspaper to see what it had to say about the Bulldogs' win over Florida Saturday night - when her mom came in.  


After a few minutes, they left and went out to go get something for supper - they asked me to join them, but I was already in the middle of eating.  I cleaned up behind myself and then went to do some things in my bedroom.  They returned and while my housemate and I discussed something she had learned while at FBCJ for AWANA, her daughter went on to use my bathroom to take a shower and get ready for bed. 
She preferred the showerhead in my shower, so that's why she used my bathroom instead of her mother's.


She was exhausted and went on to bed soon after.  Her mom was concerned about her and went to check on her.  She said that she would need to get up at 5:00 AM so she could leave to be at work around 9:00 AM.  Then as we were getting the house closed down for the night, her daughter appeared in the kitchen and told us that there had been a change in her plans.  


She had gotten a message from her boss tht she had to be in attendance at a 9:00 AM staff meeting, so that meant that she had to be on the road no later than 5:00 AM.  Instead of getting up at 5:00 AM, she now had to be up at 4:30 AM.  She went back to bed - she said she had set her alarm clock, but her mom went and set hers to make sure that her daughter got up on time. 


I had thought I would go on to bed and watch the Sunday Night Football game, but I decided against watching the game and shut off the TV.  I went on to bed and to sleep.


Monday [Ocober 18, 2010]


I stopped at the post office and picked up the mail, then headed down to FBCJ and parked the car in the CLC garage, then went over and waited for the Women's Lunch.  When the doors opened, I was first in line.  I made my way through the food line and made my selections, then stopped at the salad bar upon my exit into the Fellowship Hall.  Finally, I got to the preferred table and after sitting my tray down, went and folded 6 chairs and propped them against the table.  Then I sat down and was almost finished eating when my 6 friends arrived.


We had a nice lunch - with a good speaker and message.  After the lunch was over, I headed home and hung out here the remainder of the day.  


Then I was eating supper when my housemate was getting ready to leave to go work out.  She asked me if I would go pick up a new showerhead and showerhead extension arm and install it in her bathroom if she gave me the money.  I said yes, but I didn't remember how much a pair like what a friend and I had put in my bathroom last year would cost.  


While she was gone, I retrieved the bag containing the packages my pair had come in - I had kept them so that when my housemate decided she wanted hers changed out, I would know the brand and model name and number of each.  I decided to go on Lowe's website and see if I could locate the items in order to get an idea as to how much they would be so she would know how much money to give me.  I located the showerhead and found out how much it cost, but I couldn't find the showerhead extension arm.  Later on, I called Lowe's and inquired with someone in the plumbing department and learned that they did have the items in stock and got the pricing.  We figured it up and determined how much she needed to give me. 


I went on to bed and made a few phone calls; my cell phone went "low battery" and I plugged in the charger as I was finishing up the last call.  I went on to sleep after that.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010


I got up about 8:15 AM.  I was at the table eating breakfast and reading the newspaper when my housemate left for work.  I went on to finish up and clean up behind myself.  


I took a shower and got dressed, then gathered the card with the information on what I was to get and the cash she had left me and headed to Lowe's.  I got there, went in and got the items without assistance from any employees.  I checked out and returned home.  


Then I set to work changing out the showerhead extension arm and showerhead.  I found that I didn't have to change the arm after all.  There was a ball like piece on the end on the existing arm and the water comes out the bottom.  I attempted to remove the ball like piece from the arm and it came off.   When my friend and I had changed the showerhead in my bathroom, we had attempted to remove the piece and couldn't get it off, so that's why we had to change the arm.  


Once I got the ball piece off, I went on to attach a strip of thread seal tape to the thread on the arm, then screwed the showerhead onto it and tightened it as tightly as I could.  I tested the showerhead to make sure it was going to work and it did.  Then I cleaned up behind myself in her bathroom.  


I called and left her a message about having gotten the showerhead and that it was installed.  She called me back a little later and was surprised but pleased that I had done it so quickly.  I said that it was easier this time around and explained what I meant by that.  I told her that she will have to adjust it - the direction of the spray and the setting that she wants it on [she has 5 to choose from].  


I went on to talk to my brother for almost 30 minutes, then got up and grabbed my wallet and went out to pick up something for lunch.  I got it to go and returned home with it and ate and did some work on the computer.  


I've also watched the tail end of the NLCS - the Philadelphia Phillies lost to the San Francisco Giants - in SF, California.  Tonight I intend to watch the Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees.  


This is about all I have for now.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment