My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Personal Update....

I don't think I've posted anything in the way of a personal update thus far this month.  Here we are - the 12th day of the month.  


I watched LSU play Tennessee - at home in Baton Rouge - and win the game due to 13 Volunteers players being on the field on 4th and goal.  Since the game couldn't end on a defensive penalty, the Tigers got one more shot - an untimed down - and won it 16-14.


The Mississippi State Fair is in town - running from Oct. 6 - 17 - at the State Fairgrounds in Downtown Jackson.  Last Friday [Oct. 8] I went with 5 friends to the Fair at lunchtime.  Admission and parking at the Fair are free until 1:00 PM.  


We walked the Midway and got some "Fair Food".  One of the people with me was a co-worker; she and I both got steak tips on a stick. We also enjoyed drinks and dessert.  


The weather was beautiful and cooperative - albeit on the warm side - in the 80s.  The Midway was crowded as a result.  


Saturday [Oct. 9] I watched LSU play in "the Swamp" vs. the Florida Gators.  I thought it a complete game on the part of LSU - they didn't let Florida blow them out like they did last year [the final year of Timmy Tebow at QB] and did a better job of clock management.  They scored with 6 seconds left on the clock to win the game by a final of 33-29. 


Monday [Oct. 10] was the Women's Luncheon at FBCJ.  I attended and Dr. Ivan Parke, Professor of Christian Studies at Mississippi College was the speaker.  His topic was Nick at Night - concerning John 3 where Nicodemus comes to Jesus by night.


After leaving the luncheon, I met a friend at Sam's Club and used her membership card to get in and purchased a few items: cat food and cat litter for Sukiey, as well as a bottle of laundry detergent and a box of garbage bags. I came home and put all of these items away, then went to the grocery store and got a few things that I didn't need in the quantity available at Sam's Club.


I watched some of the Vikings vs. Jets game last night - but fell asleep before it was over and woke up in time to see the postgame show.  


Today I took my Sunday School class newsletters to the post office and dropped them in the mail and picked up my mail.  I hadn't picked up my mail since Thursday of last week.  There wasn't much there - no bills!


This is about all I have in the way of a personal update....

No comments:

Post a Comment