My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ryder Cup capt. Corey Pavin's quiet faith

Ryder Cup capt. Corey Pavin's quiet faith 


http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=33768


DALLAS (BP)--As Ryder Cup captain Corey Pavin leads the American team in 2010's matches at the Celtic Manor Resort in Wales, he acknowledges it: "My faith as a Christian is who I am, that's what I do with my life, it's private and personal.

"But that doesn't mean I'm going to be a better captain," Pavin noted. "It doesn't mean you're a better golfer."

Pavin joins a line of former U.S. Ryder Cup captains who are active Christians -- Tom Lehman in 2006 and Paul Azinger, who helped engineer the dramatic U.S. upset at Valhalla Golf Club in 2008. Azinger declined a request prior to the competition to talk about his faith with Baptist Press.

In similar fashion, Pavin said, "If somebody asks about it, then I'll talk about it, but this is the first time you've asked me about my faith. I didn't bring it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment