My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

P. F. Chang's China Bistro & Renaissance @ Colony Park

Saturday evening, 11132010, I went to P. F. Chang's China Bistro, located at Renaissance @ Colony Park in Ridgeland, MS.  I went with my housemate and 4 friends.  We had reservations and were seated fairly quickly after we arrived to claim them.  


We had a good time and enjoyable dinner at P.F. Chang's China Bistro.  We were there to celebrate my birthday - upcoming on Tuesday.  After ordering our meals, I opened my gifts while we were waiting for our orders.  


I received a number of gifts, including a copy of former President George W. Bush's new book, Decision Points, a plaque, a set of beauty basics and a couple of notepads and another book.  


After eating dinner, we ordered a dessert that consisted of a slice of a 6 layer chocolate cake.  Since there were 6 of us, each got a layer of it.  I got a picture of the slice of cake before I allowed my housemate to cut it apart and serve it.  Here's what it looked like:


It was as excellent as it appears and I enjoyed my piece!!  

I had noticed that there was a group of people in a booth behind us and one of the people kept snapping pictures.  I surmised that they were also celebrating a birthday - there was a child among them and it appeared it was hers.  Once I finished my piece of cake, while the others were still eating theirs, I excused myself, got up and went over to the booth and excused myself to them, then asked if they would like for me to take a picture of all of them - so as to include the lady who had been taking the pictures of the rest of them.  They were pleased by my offer, so the lady handed me the camera and squeezed over into the group.  I asked them to "squnch" in together and they did.  I took the shot, then handed the camera back to the lady.  

They thanked me and I rejoined my companions at our table.  None of them had any idea what I had gone off to do as I didn't say when I got up and stepped away.  

Eventually, the bills came - my housemate picked up mine.  We left the restaurant and outside, before going to the car, got some pictures of one of the horse statues and it also included a portion of the restaurant in the shot.  My housemate took a couple of pictures of me with the horse statue.  She had to take one at an awkward angle in order to get the entire statue in the shot.  

They suggested I climb up on the base of the statue, but I opted not to try that since it had been raining and was wet, plus there was nothing for me to even attempt it.  They had said that if I did get up on the base of the statue, they could get a good shot of me with the horse.  

We went on to my housemate's car and put our stuff inside and got our jackets and put them on as it had cooled down while we were inside.  Then we drove over to the shopping area of Renaissance and caught up with one of our friends.  I was interested in staying out there and my housemate wanted to get on home.  Well, I wanted to see if our friend would drop me off on her way home, but she said that she couldn't because she had something else to do when she left Renaissance - she wasn't going straight home.  

Oh well, I returned to the car and my housemate and I headed home.  Before leaving Renaissance, though, we stopped and I got out and got a couple of pictures of the waterfall with the horse statues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment