My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Weekend - Saturday & Sunday....



Saturday (3/20) was an interesting day.  A friend picked me up and we attended the St. Paddy's Parade in Downtown Jackson. We both had our cameras and took pictures.  I took way more than she did.  We had a good spot for viewing the parade on South State Street near the Old Capitol Museum.  


Later in the afternoon, when I got home, I decided I would upload my pictures - to my flash drive so that I could put them on a CD at another time.  I discovered that I had taken 176 pictures at the parade!  Whoa!!  I got them uploaded after trying twice - the first time the batteries in my camera died so I had to start over.  


Here's a picture of Kermit the Frog - the Grand Marshal....




And here are a couple of photos from Star WarsDarth Vader and one of the Troopers....                                                               
 

We had a great time at the parade.  It was estimated that a crowd of 60-70,000 attended and that there was an economic benefit of $6.8 million to the City.  The weather was cooperative - not too hot and not too cold - plus the rain held off.  I purchased a tee shirt for $5 to raise money for the Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital.

Sunday (3/21) I attended church this morning, then had lunch with some friends.  After lunch a friend and I ran a couple of errands - including to Wal*Mart to print some of her pictures from St. Paddy's Parade yesterday.  I got some of hers and also put some of the photo files on a CD.

This is all for now....


    

No comments:

Post a Comment