My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Update

Saturday evening I headed home with the plan of not coming in to work till Noon on Sunday.  I hibernated in my bedroom and watched the New Orleans Saints defeat the Houston Texans in a pre-season game from the Superdome by a final of 38-20.  

The Saints looked good in this game - their offense was productive and the defense did their job pretty well.  There were some missed tackles on the part of the defense that allowed Texans players to gain big yardage and there were some failures to put pressure on the Texans quarterback.  

Something that I didn't like was that the Texans committed a roughing the passer foul on Chase Daniel - a late hit on him as he had already gotten rid of the ball - and it was not called by the officials.  However, when the Saints only slightly roughed up the Texans' Dan Orlovsky, the officials were quick to throw the flag and penalize the Saints - pretty much giving the Texans an opportunity to score.  Fortunately, the Saints held them to only a field goal.  

I started watching the game in the 2nd quarter - after Drew Brees had already exited the game in favor of Chase Daniel and the Saints had scored 14 points.  I watched the remainder of the game and was happy with most of what I saw.  I'm impressed with Chase Daniel - he'll make a good back up to Drew Brees.  

Sunday morning I got up and had breakfast then got a shower and dressed and headed off to church.  I got to attend Worship for the 1st time in several weeks; I also went to Sunday School.  Then I reported to work.  

This week is winding down for me; I'm on vacation this coming work week.  I got a call from my cousin to go take a look at her daughter's bacherlorette  party photos on FB.  I did that and they are hilarious.  She said that they had pictures of her lingerie shower also but weren't putting them on FB and I can see them when I visit for the wedding.  

We've been under a severe thunderstorm alert, but I think it has since expired.  I hope so as I don't care to drive home in nasty weather.  
This is all I've got for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment