My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Update....

Saturday was a good day - a little busy, but quiet.  My housemate called to let me know she was going to go out to town to a reception, but would be back later and that Rusty would be in the house when I got home.

I left work and headed home and got there shortly after LSU kicked off with Vanderbilt in Nashville.  The 1st quarter was still 0-0 when I got in and turned on ESPNU.  The 1st half seemed to be a defensive battle, although at halftime LSU led 10-0.  I thought that was pathetic - they should've been blowing Vandy away already.  

When the 2nd half started, Vandy got the ball 1st and marched down the field, but LSU's defense stepped up and held them to a field goal.  The score was 10-3 LSU.  That field goal would turn out to be all of Vandy's points for the night.  

LSU's offense and defense seemed to be having a contest to see which group could play the best in the 2nd half.  Well - it was a draw in my opinion as both sides played very well.  The defense stymied Vandy at every opportunity and didn't let them do much; they won turnovers and sacked the Vandy QB a few times.  The offense struck several times with scoring.  Stevan Ridley, who had fumbleitis last week v. UNC didn't fumble once during this game.  

Late in the game they took Jordan Jefferson out and sent Jarrett Lee in to give him some playing time.  He connected with Ridley - who promptly galloped down the field for the final TD of the game.  

LSU went on to win 27-3 over Vandy in their SEC opener.  They play Mississippi State in Baton Rouge next week and that should be a good and interesting game.  

I plan to go to Sunday School in about 45 minutes or so.  This is all I've got for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment