My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl XLIV

Who Dat?!  Who Dat?!  Yeah - I'm a member of the "Who Dat" New Orleans Saints Nation!!  I'm sitting here wearing my #9 Brees jersey - okay, so it's actually a tee shirt, but it's designed like a jersey.  


Anyway - my 3 favorite plays of the game were (in no particular order):

  • When the Saints went for the 2 point conversion and the officials ruled it incomplete - on my HD big screen it appeared to me exactly as the referee later explained it, after Sean Payton challenged the ruling and the referee went to review it, so I was happy that Sean opted to challenge, as I believed he would win it.
  • When Peyton Manning threw the interception and Tracy Porter ran it back 74 yards for a touchdown to put the Saints ahead, after the PAT, 24-17.  He just blew right by everybody - I think the Colts offense was stunned and didn't know what to do or to react.
  • When Jeremy Shockey scored a touchdown to make it 31-17 and pretty much "ice" the game.  Jeremy got to the Super Bowl with the Giants, but was injured and unable to play and wasn't even allowed on the sidelines, so I felt this was a good way to make it up to him.
I did attend my class at church this afternoon and then made it back home with about 15 minutes to spare before kickoff.  The pre-game festivities were in progress when I turned the TV on and tuned to CBS.

I think the Colts Nation is in shock right now - along with a number of sportscasters; the so called experts all seemed to pick the Colts to win and didn't seem to be giving the Saints much of a chance.  Well - I guess the Saints just took that as more of a challenge and I love the way that they responded. 

Congratulations to the NFL Super Bowl Champions - the New Orleans Saints!!

Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment