My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Missionary Appointment Service - FBCJ 2010

My housemate and I attended the Missionary Appointment Service at FBCJ.  Dr. Jerry Rankin is retiring after 17 years as president of the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention.  He has spent many years prior to those 17 on the mission field and in other positions as well.  This was his final MAS to preside over; he and his wife Bobbye, will be retiring at the end of July to Clinton.  They are native Mississippians.  


I took my camera along and got a lot of pictures - most of which I can't share because they're of the missionaries.  Here are a couple that I can share, though:


[below]
Dr. Larry Black
Minister of Music, Emeritus
FBCJ (w/Music Assistant Eva Hart)





  









[above]
Dr. Jerry Rankin, President
International Mission Board
Southern Baptist Convention

The MAS lasted for 2 hours; from 6:30 - 8:30 PM.  There was a reception afterward, but we did not attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment