My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday ~ An Update

Good afternoon!  I'm tuned to the NHL game on NBC this afternoon featuring the San Jose Sharks v. Chicago Blackhawks - from the United Center in Chicago.  This is a Stanley Cup Playoff game and Chicago leads the series 3-0, this is game 4. San Jose is fighting for their playoff lives, trying to get a win here to send the series back to San Jose for a game 5.  In the 3rd period they're tied 2-2 after the Sharks led 2-0 at one point. 


Okay, I woke up about 6:05 AM this morning - and just laid in bed till about 6:25 AM.  I got up then because I was being pestered by a cat - namely Sukiey.  She came and got in my face and was pawing at me, so finally, in order to get her to stop, I got up.  


I headed on to kick off the day; I had already retrieved the newspaper and was sitting at the table eating breakfast when my housemate came through the door.  Rusty decided to force her up with his barking.  I sometimes call him "Sir Barks-A-Lot" - a play on "Sir Lancelot" of King Arthur legend.  After finishing breakfast, I went on to clean up behind myself, then I went and began getting ready for church.  


Finally, my housemate and I were both ready, so we headed out and down to church.  I went to the Sanctuary while she went to Sunday School.  Then we flip flopped - I went to Sunday School while she went to the Sanctuary.  My SS class finished early - about 15 minutes or so before the 2nd Service - so I had to wait on her to meet me at our arranged spot.  


We came on home - skipping going out to eat with friends - and each changed out of our dress clothes and brought Rusty inside.  We had lunch; Rusty was laying on the tile floor splayed out like those bearskin rugs.  I rushed back to my bedroom and got my camera and managed to get a couple of pictures of him in that position.  My housemate got a chuckle out of seeing the pictures.  Rusty nearly blends in with the tile.  It's his favorite spot as it's cool to him with that hairy coat of his.  


I went and sat down and uploaded the 7 photos I took of Rusty and of Sukiey - she seems to like my computer chair and I have to chase her out of it when I want to sit down at the computer.  


Once I did that, I opened the folder with the 181 photos from the Trail of Honor and went through them again - I noted on a list which ones I wanted to upload to an album in Shutterfly.  I decided I would do that later.  Then I took a brief nap and have since uploaded 58 photos to an album in Shutterfly from the Trail of Honor.  I also uploaded the 7 photos of Sukiey and Rusty to an album in Shutterfly.  


Oh - when I woke up this afternoon, I found myself being stared at by that same cat - Sukiey.  I haven't done my SS class e-mail newsletter yet, but I will later this evening.  


This is all I've got for the time being....

No comments:

Post a Comment