My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Josephus Update....

I haven't mentioned anything about Josephus in a while.  I've actually missed the last 2 class meetings.  I received an e-mail recently from the pastor who is the leader of the study.  


He said that now that we have gotten through Book VII of The Antiquities of the Jews, the group is going to pause there and the next reading assignment will, instead, be the parallel passages in the Bible.


The assignment consists of:


Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings 1-2


The next class meeting date is Tuesday, August 31st.


I've found it hard to stay with Josephus - although reading The Antiquities was a little easier.  


I think I'll find it easier to read the Bible passages assigned - and I seem to have reverted back to the NIV translation - hence the use of NIV in my user name.  Not sure how soon I'll start - possibly Friday or Saturday.  I'll try to post updates on how I'm doing with the reading assignment.  


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment