My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

To the End of July.....

Friday was a decent day.  As the last business day of the month, it was payday for me.  I had to make a trip to my banking institution, then I had to go to the Tax Collector's office and get my car tag renewed - what fun!  Actually, it wasn't all that bad.  I walked in and was back out of there in under 10 minutes.  On top of that, I was able to find a metered parking space almost directly in front of the Hinds County Courthouse.  This was highly unusual in my experience.  

I returned to work after these errands, then later had a quick lunch with a co-worker.  When I left work, I stopped for the mail - it was nothing but junk.  At least there were no bills!!  Then I went by and picked up my prescriptions and got a few grocery items.  

When I made it home, my housemate was there doing laundry in anticipation of her daughter and grandsons' arrival.  They were spending the night and then catching a flight out of the country on vacation.  

I had supper and then helped my housemate with some things. I was already in bed and asleep by the time they got to the house.  They were still asleep when I left for work this morning.  

I didn't realize one of the boys was sleeping on the couch in the den; I think he wasn't too happy with me for coming in and turning the lights on to go ahead with my breakfast routine.  Had I known he was sleeping in there, I would've skipped breakfast at home and gotten ready and stopped somewhere and got something - but I had no idea.  By the time I discovered he was there, I already had my breakfast made and was sitting down to eat it.

Today has been a mix - we were busy earlier, but now things are quiet.  I hope they'll stay that way till I leave this evening, as I'm off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment