My photo
PJ's a native of Louisiana - lovea those LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints - and Sukiey is the kitty cat that lives with PJ.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Afternoon.....

Currently in Metro Jackson, it's 96 with a heat index of 101.  When I arrived at work today, I had to park in the garage since there were no spaces in the parking lot.  That was fine due to the heat.  In a little while I'll have to go retrieve my car, though, before the garage is locked up for the day.

On the way in to work, I stopped at the post office and picked up the mail; then I made a trip by the grocery store - but not for anything perishable - at least not that I didn't plan to consume almost immediately.  I did get a sandwich and soft drink to have for lunch. 

It has been a quiet afternoon thus far and I hope that it stays that way until my shift ends.  Maybe by the time I leave to head home it will have cooled down some.  This is the latest on the storm that could mean trouble for the cleanup in the Gulf of Mexico:

BP Gulf of Mexico well to stay capped during storm

by HARRY WEBER and COLLEEN LONG

ON THE GULF OF MEXICO (AP) — The temporary cap on BP’s ruptured oil well can stay closed even if ships evacuate the Gulf of Mexico during a tropical storm, the federal government’s oil spill chief said Thursday. Growing confidence in the experimental cap’s security convinced scientists it was safe to leave it unmonitored for a few days, Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said.

*****
Maybe with this storm that's brewing, we will get some much needed relief from the heat in the form of rain.  I certainly hope so.  Tomorrow's forecast is calling for a high of 99.  Over the weekend there are some chance for rain according to what I've seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment